- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- pinch chilli flakes
- 227g can chopped tomato
- 1 x 175g cans sprats in tomato sauce
- 100g pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- small handful parsley, chopped
1. Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water according to pack instructions. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat the oil in a medium pan and cook the garlic for 1 min. Add the chilli flakes, tomatoes and sprats, breaking up roughly with a wooden spoon. Heat for 2-3 mins, then stir in the olives, capers and most of the parsley. Mix well to combine.
2. Drain the pasta, reserving a couple of tbsp of the water. Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well, adding the reserved water if the sauce is a little thick. Divide between 4 bowls and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.