Enjoy the taste of the Med with this fresh, wholesome supper using an oily fish that's packed with omega-3 and a good, cheap storecupboard staple
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 x 106g cans sardines in oil, drained
- 4 slices of brown bread half small bunch parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, then sizzle the garlic clove and red chilli. Add the lemon zest.
- Add the sardines and heat through for a few mins until warm.
- Toast the brown bread. Stir the parsley into the sardines, add a squeeze of lemon juice, then divide between the toast and serve.